Song Analysis: Taylor swift – You belong with me

Summary

• I analyzed the song ‘You belong with me’ by Taylor Swift because I like this song

Song Analysis

TOPICMY RESPONSES
SONG TITLEYou belong with me
COMPOSER(S)Taylor Swift
YEAR2009
COUNTRYUSA
If you could work on this song (change it), what would you change and why?I wouldnt change it
What is the song GENRE?Country/Pop
What is the song KEY?Gb Major
What is the song TEMPO?130 bpm
What do you like about the RHYTHM?I like how it’s just a simple ryhthm but not too repetetive
What do you like about the ARRANGEMENT?I like the chorus
What do you like about the MIX?I like the layered instruments in the back if that makes sense
What do you like about the TIMBRE of some or all of the instruments?Im pretty sure in the background, the instrument being played is a banjo and I think that’s cool
What do you like about the PITCH of some or all of the instruments or vocals?I like how the pitch isnt too high or too low
Are there particular TRACK(S) that stand out?I think the chorus
Finally, what do you like about the overall COMPOSITION?I think it’s a really good song. It gives me nostolgia because it’s like that early/late 2000s music and I like that. Those songs have like a specific vibe to them that I like.

“A song is a musical composition intended to be performed by the human voice. This is often done at distinct and fixed pitches (melodies) using patterns of sound and silence. Songs contain various forms, such as those including the repetition and variation of sections.” wikipedia.org/wiki/Song